Bacon? “NO, Thanks”….said no one. Ever. Bacon wrapped hot dogs? Why, yes. You are BRILLIANT, Thank you! ‘Cause Bacon is the right answer, all the time!
You might lovingly call this a “heart attack on a hot dog bun”, like my youngest daughter did, (as she scarfed one down). You might say, “That’s just wrong”, like my oldest daughter did, (as she scarfed one down). Like Mr. Loaves and Dishes, you might say, “all of my problems went away there for a second” and then scarf another one down.
These bacon wrapped hot dogs are SUPER EASY to make. Best of all, you can make a whole bunch at one time. No one said you have to eat them all yourself! How about bacon wrapped hot dogs for your BIG GAME party?
This recipe is going to really help you out with your party too. Remember, the election is still fresh is in everyone’s mind and half of this nation voted for one candidate and the other half voted for the other candidate. They will ALL be at your BIG GAME party. If their mouths are full, they can’t talk.
AND, NO one cares WHO is president when they have bacon in their mouth.
Keep that in mind.
VIDEO ABOUT HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS.
In this video, I make two – but you can make as many as you want.
RECIPE FOR BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS.
- 1 8 piece Package of Good Quality Hot Dogs
- 8 slices of bacon - thick cut is best
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wrap each hot dog in a spiral manner with a slice of bacon and secure each end with a toothpick
- Bake on center rack in center of oven for about 30-45 minutes until bacon is done.
- Serve on hot dog buns with desired condiments.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS
- You can make as many or as few bacon wrapped hot dogs at a time as you like. If you make enough for a BIG GAME party, it might require more baking time – just remember, when the bacon is done, it’s done.
- Leftover bacon wrapped hot dogs are SUPER DUPER cut up into pork and beans!
- Who am I kidding? It’s not likely that you will have any leftover. I only did because I had to make enough to experiment with for this blog!
A VERSE TO SHARE
“You need only to be still”. I need this advice from Moses almost daily. Do you? So often I work to solve my own problems and between running around aimlessly with my mind turning about 1000 RPMs I can’t hear anything. In those instances, things would be so simple if I would only take Moses’ instruction to “be still”.
In other words, “God’s got this”.
A little later in this story, God opens the waters and Moses sends his people across. Can you imagine obeying God and crossing the water by walking on the ocean bottom with a wall of water on either side of you? The mental image is overwhelming. Sure enough though, Moses might as well have said, “God’s Got this”.
Exodus 14: 10-14
As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”