Cherries = Love. I just can’t help that is what I think. I can’t even be held responsible for that, can I? I mean, as a small child my grandmother (and she was not young when I was small either) would climb a ladder up into a cherry tree in her yard just to pick cherries so that she could make me a cherry pie when I visited. That is love my friends. In fact, Easy Cherry Cobbler = Love too.
And now, I equate Cherries = Love. So, even though this recipe is so simple that you will laugh. It still tastes like Love to me. With Valentine’s Day coming up, that might be a pretty handy thing for you to know! So, for the recipe seekers – here is the super Easy Cherry Cobbler recipe – right here at the top of the page. If you enjoy reading – there is more to read after the recipe and the photos. I would love to hear back from you too…..
THE RECIPE FOR EASY CHERRY COBBLER
- 2 Cans of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Cup of Pecan pieces
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the baking dish and spread out to cover. Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the top.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top of that. Cut the butter into slices and place around the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling up through the top. Some of the cake mix may still look powdery and that is ok.
PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY CHERRY COBBLER
INSPIRATION FOR EASY CHERRY COBBLER
Back when I worked at hospice, we had a carry in lunch and one of my sweet and dear co-workers, Carol, brought this Cherry Cobbler to the lunch. Because I believe Cherries=Love and I must have been Love Starved that day, I couldn’t eat enough of this Cherry Cobbler. I begged Carol for the recipe and she laughed and said, “it isn’t much of a recipe, but I’ll tell you”. She told me the exact recipe you see above and I repeated it back to her – we didn’t even write it down. I haven’t altered her recipe a bit. I don’t know where she obtained the recipe – but now, I have shared it with you.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR EASY CHERRY COBBLER
- If you are concerned that the cake mix will be too much – you can always use less. I always use the whole thing – but my husband never puts the whole bag in – so, just go with what you feel is right. Just know that a portion of the powdery cake mix will melt down into the cherry pie filling some and a bit will become crusty with the melted butter.
- As for the butter pieces on the top – here is the thing – I always cut the butter and put it on in the most haphazard manner possible. My sweet hubby, the engineer, always places the pats of butter as if they were soldiers lined up across the powdery cake mix tundra – the results are the same. I don’t think it matters a bit.
- If you forget to spray your 9×13 pan – don’t sweat it – it just means you will have to scrape the sides of your dish a little bit to get all of the cherry stuff out.
- I use the cherries that I can in the spring. You can find out about that HERE in my post called “How to Can Cherry Pie Filling”. I think they are much more tasty than the store bought version – but that is just me. It takes 4 jars of home canned cherries for that. If you take a look at the ingredients of store bought cherry pie filling – you might decide to start canning your own too – if you use a lot of cherry pie filling during the year . We do at our house (because Cherries = Love, remember).
- If you want to make a half sized version of this, you can – just use a small baking dish – like a 2 quart size – and half the ingredients.
Are there any ingredients or dishes that say “LOVE” to you? Tell me – which ones? I love comments!! Please leave me a comment down at the bottom of this page in the comments section – I promise to read and respond to every single one! If you tried this recipe – let me know how it turned out!!
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.~ Isaiah 40:29