Here is a secret. I am only going to share it with you. Don’t tell anyone. I don’t like sweet potatoes. I don’t. Last year I was in a very public weight loss program at work – think Biggest Loser type thing. I did lose weight – but not as much as I wanted to. However, I DID learn some super healthy recipes that are ACTUALLY DELICIOUS! Really!
I am going to feature more here on Loaves and Dishes very soon. This is one of the recipes that I have modified until I think it is not just actually delicious, it is super delicious – even though I don’t like sweet potatoes! See what I did right there? I have spiced my way into enjoying a food that I think I don’t like. You can do it too!
Sweet potatoes are a type of super food. Really. They are loaded with Vitamin A, C and K. They have a bunch of Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium in them. Besides that – even though they taste sweet they have a fairly low glycemic load – YAY diabetics. Here you go. God’s special little gift to you – sweet potatoes. I mean – don’t go crazy on them or anything – too much of a good thing is not a good thing usually. In all things moderation. Not only are they delicious and good for you – but they are also EASY to fix and look like something you would order at a very fancy restaurant! Can you imagine – you will seem like a gourmet chef to your family when you serve these sweet potatoes. They are beautiful! So, please, give them a try. Even if you don’t like sweet potatoes. You won’t be sorry that you did. Your body will thank you!
Let’s eat ya’ll
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24
The Recipe for Roasted Garlic Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes and place into a large bowl
- Mince garlic and Rosemary
- Pour olive oil over the top of the potatoes
- Pour salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic over the top of the potatoes and oil mix.
- Using your hands mix and turn the sweet potatoes until all are coated with oil and herbs.
- Pour out onto a large baking sheet and spread out so that potato pieces are not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then using a spatula, turn pieces to allow the other side to roast. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and soft when pierced with a fork.