How to Steam Carrots
Super easy and fast steamed carrots! Ready in less than 30 minutes when you know how to steam carrots! Your family will be begging for more of these amazing carrots.
Servings: 2 servings
Fill pot with 2 cups of water. Place on high heat on stove
Peel your carrots
Slice carrots into quarter inch coins
Place sliced carrots into collander, and put collander over the boiling water
Allow carrots to steam for 15-20 minutes or until they are fork tender
Once they are fork-tender remove from the heat and serve (see notes below)
Pro Tip: Once steamed for more flavor add 1 tbs butter, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and 1 tbs of honey or maple syrup for a delicious sweet carrot.
- It's fine to use baby carrots
- The slotted bowl should NOT be submerged in the water
- Cut the carrots into even pieces so that they all cook evenly.
- Fork tender means that you can easily stick a fork in the carrot and remove it with minimal force or work.
- Want to know a LOT more about growing your own carrots? Check out my friend Pam's site, Brown Thumb Mama, and her article on growing carrots!
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15286IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg