Southern Fried Corn
This recipe for Southern Fried Corn is from Loaves and Dishes.net Come back and find more recipes that you will love!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 2 tbs unsalted sweet cream butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- OPTIONAL: 1 jalapeno pepper - seeded spine removed and chopped very small.
- OPTIONAL: Cilantro for garnish
Cut the kernels of corn from the ear - carefully.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a frying pan. Add the corn kernels to the melted butter in the hot pan. Add salt and pepper.
Allow the corn to cook until it starts to brown slightly - about 10 minutes. - stir every minute or so. If you are using the optional jalapeno - add that now as well.
Add the cream and stir.
When the cream is mixed in well, remove from the heat. Allow to rest for a few minutes and then serve warm. Garnish with Cilantro.
Substitutions? Of course...
- Cream - sub milk, whole milk or half and half.
- Butter - sub margarine, bacon grease, vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Corn on the cob - substitute canned corn but be sure to drain very well.
- Add other ingredients? Sure add any of these, mix and match, jalapenos, onion, bacon, ham, okra, tomatoes.... get creative!
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 564IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg