Russian Nurse Tea
Bursting with the flavors of Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon and Cloves this delicious tea is perfect for a snuggly rainy night or to boost your feel good any time!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 Gallon of your favorite Tea - per box instructions
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 lemon - juice only
- 1 ½ Cups Orange juice - pulp free
Prepare Tea per package instructions in order to make one gallon of tea. While it is hot and sitting on the stove top, add the cinnamon sticks and cloves. You can tie these up in a coffee filter if you like - then you don’t have to strain them later - but if you don’t have a coffee filter - just toss them in.
Add the orange juice, lemon juice and the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. You may need to heat the tea on the stove top over medium heat if it isn't already warm enough.
Taste for sugar content - add more if desired. Strain out the cinnamon and cloves if you didn't add them via coffee filter using a fine mesh strainer.
Serve warm. You can reheat to serve later, but do not boil it.
PRO TIP: Add some orange peel to your bag of cinnamon sticks and cloves for extra flavor! You can always sweeten this more by using THIS Simple Syrup.
- If you would like to make this for ONE person, simply use a single tea bag. After the tea bag has steeped, add 1 tsp sugar, stir well, add 1 Tbs orange juice and 1 tsp lemon juice. Add a cinnamon stick and let the tea sit, stir with cinnamon stick.
- If you prefer the Russian tea with Tang, the recipe is noted in the post for this recipe.
- Make this ahead of time and simply reheat by the cupful. Keep in the refrigerator when not in use.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 268mg | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 24.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.3mg