Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Easy recipe for crockpot chicken fajitas
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 onion – cut in half and then cut into slices
- 1 green or red bell pepper – cut into slices
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 package of fresh chicken breasts 3-4 breasts
- 1 small can chopped green chilis
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Place ½ of the onions in the bottom of the crock pot, followed by half of the bell pepper and half the can of black beans. Lay the chicken breasts over the top of this.
Cover the chicken breasts with the other half of the onion, bell pepper and beans. Empty the can of chopped green chilis over the top as well as the packet of seasoning, salt and peppers. Give a little stir to the things on top (I don’t know if this is necessary – but it is what I did – I had to feel like I was doing something).
Place cover on the crockpot, set on low and come back in 8 hours. Turn the crock pot off. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate or cutting board and shred with a fork. Place the chicken breast meat back in the crockpot and stir. Allow to set for 15- 30 minutes to absorb the extra liquid. Serve with taco shells, soft taco shells, chips, salsa, tomato, lettuce, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- For more crisp peppers, add those about an hour before you are ready to eat.
- To change this recipe up, serve the fajitas over rice, noodles or baked potatoes!
- It's important to put the shredded chicken back into the juices, give it a stir and then allow the juices to reabsorb into the meat. If you don't do this, the chicken will be dry.
- Add more color to your dish by using a variety of bell pepper colors!
- To shred chicken, put the chicken on the cutting board, use two forks facing away from one another and pull the chicken in opposite directions. Catch the juice that runs out and put it all back in the crockpot.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg