Mouth Party Bacon!
A delicious bacon treat for special occasions or ANY occasion!
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 slices of Thick Cut Bacon
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp course Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Mix Dark Brown Sugar, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Paprika, Cumin and Cayenne Pepper together in a bowl.
Rub slices of bacon with the seasoning mixture and then leave bacon in the bowl – cover bacon as much as possible with the remaining spice mix.
Allow Bacon to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Fry on medium in non-stick or well seasoned cast iron skillet until dark brown and done
Remove to a plate – do not drain on a paper towel
PRO TIP: Use thick cut bacon. It holds up to the spices very well and works best for sandwiches and other applications
- Mix the spices together VERY WELL before packing onto the bacon.
- You'll want to actually pack the spices onto the bacon. Pat them in with your hands. This requires more than a simple dredge through the spices. Say, "get in there spices" as you pat. That always helps!
- Do NOT drain on paper towels. Trust me – don’t. You will end up eating paper towel – and no one wants that. The paper towel sticks to the bacon like an 800 pound gorilla clings to the last banana in the kitchen on a Saturday night. Seriously. You can’t get the paper towel off and you also won’t be able to throw the bacon away – so then you are stuck eating paper towel!
- Make about three times as much of this stuff as you plan to serve. People will say things like "that's just sinful, I can't eat any of that" and then you'll see great handfuls of the stuff going right in their mouth. You'll need way more than you think you will.
- When cooking this recipe, make sure your pan is good and hot before putting the bacon into the pan. You'll want a quick initial sear to set the flavor.
- Wikipedia loves pig candy too.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 776mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg