HOW TO COOK CANNED CANNELLINI BEANS
This is an easy recipe for how to cook canned cannellini beans
Servings: 2 people
- 1 slice of thick cut bacon cut into 5 pieces (regular is fine if that is what you have)
- 1 14.5 ounce can of cannellini beans drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp vinegar white or cider
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional
In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, place the bacon pieces and allow to fry till crispy.
Add the beans, water, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper (optional) and stir
Stir frequently until heated through and bubbly throughout. Serve hot and offer hot sauce, chopped onion or chopped jalapeno as garnish.
- Pour off the water from the can of beans, it doesn’t taste that good.
- This recipe is for 2 people, if you want to serve more people, you will have to increase the recipe by as many people as you need to serve. Don’t forget to increase the spices as well.