How to Cook Canned Chickpeas
This is a recipe for how to cook canned chickpeas
Servings: 2 people
- 1 slice of bacon cut into about 5-6 pieces
- 1 14.5 ounce can of chickpeas drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground onion powder
- ½ tsp ground garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Chives parsley or green onions for garnish
In a medium sized saucepan, place the bacon pieces over medium heat and allow to cook until the bacon is crispy.
While the bacon is frying, drain the water from the can of chickpeas.
When bacon is crispy, add the chickpeas, water, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and stir well.
Continue heating over medium heat until heated through, about 4 minutes.
Garnish with chives, parsley or green onions.
- Always drain the can of chickpeas when you open it.
- Chickpeas have a mild flavor and will pick up whatever flavors you add to them, so go for some bolder flavors.
- Generally speaking, you will want to add salt to chickpeas due to their bland flavors.
- Chickpeas cooked in this recipe are delicious, you might want to prepare more than one can if you are having more than yourself for dinner.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 6.4mg