Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Cheesy, warm, delicious and COMFORTING! This EASY hashbrown casserole recipe is perfect for the beginner, the busy and ANYONE who wants good ol Southern hashbrown casserole on their next dinner table!
Servings: 18 servings
9x13 baking dish
- 30 oz hashbrowns find in freezer section
- 10.75 oz Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Colby Cheese Shredded.
- 4 Slices Bacon cooked crispy and chopped small.
- 4 stalks Green Onion chopped small
- 1 Tbs Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Sharp Cheddar
- 1 ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
Mix everything EXCEPT Sharp Cheddar and Paprika together in a large bowl.
Spread out into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the sharp cheddar and then sprinkle the paprika over that.
Bake for 40-55 minutes in center of the oven until hot, bubbly and heated through.
- If you forgot to thaw your hashbrowns, no worries, thaw in the microwave by setting for 1 minute on high and then turning over and repeat for 1 minute until 5 minutes have passed.
- Feel free to experiment with other types of cheese! Mexican mix, gouda, smoked gouda (yes, go there!), swiss are all excellent!
- If you don’t have green onions, grate half a sweet onion (like vidalia or texas sweet) and use that.
- Don’t have paprika? No problem! It’s mostly for the smokey red look anyway, you can leave it off.
- Try a crunchy top by mixing a cup of crushed potato chips mixed with 2 tbs melted butter sprinkled over the top!
- It’s fine to substitute low fat cheese, sour cream and low salt cream of celery soup, but seriously, if you are doing hashbrown casserole, just do it all the way. It’s a special occasion food mostly.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 326IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg