- You have exactly 10 recipes in your dinner rotation and you are sick of them all!
- You worked HARD preparing a delicious meal and your spouse dabbed a fork around the plate, ate a few bites and then said, “it’s good honey”. Liar.
- You want to hear, “YOU are the GREATEST cook EVER!” (but you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen).
- You WANT serve food with BIG FLAVOR making DROOLWORTHY dinners EVERY TIME, but don’t know where to start.
If any of this sounds like you, then you are in the right place! The REAL SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD at Loaves and Dishes will have everyone BANGING THE TABLE for MORE !!!
“You Sure Know How to Make Things Delicious!”
From Diane… “You sure know how to make a plain can of green beans taste delicious! Mom just rinsed then and heated them up with some water and butter. I never wanted to eat them as I only liked fresh green beans. You made them very palatable, so tasty and I’ll be making my canned green beans like this forever!” Canned Green Beans
“I Will Definitely Make This Again!”
From Dan… “My kids are picky eaters and I knew … there would’ve been a lot of moaning and groaning about having to eat them. So I searched for a recipe, found this one, and went with it. …This was very easy to do, and after taking a bite, with a shocked face, I told the kids I couldn’t believe I made something that tasted this good. They both immediately took a bite for themselves and were equally surprised! I will definitely make this again. Thank you!” Canned New Potatoes
“PEOPLE COULD NOT STOP EATING IT!”
From Leslie….. “I’ve never been a huge pimento cheese fan, but I’m back in the South going to a party….what’s a girl to do? Tried this and, seriously, PEOPLE COULD NOT STOP EATING IT. It almost ruined the Low Country Boil, since nobody could do it justice”. Southern Pimento Cheese
From Dolores… “I tried your recipe for pork chop marinade last night and I must say that they were tender, juicy, and quite delicious! Hubby said: “This is really good!” We had inch-thick loin chops and they were pan fried in a hot cast iron pat for 5 minutes on each side. DELICIOUS! Thanks for the repe! *****” On Steak Seasoningg
“The Standard By Which Others Will Be Judged”
From Andre… “Thanks for the outstanding recipe! I have made these beans twice now and am a believer. Thanks also for the great tip about using Better than Bouillon. It makes for a very flavorful pot of beans, and the applewood smoked bacon just takes it over the top. This is now our go-to recipe for pinto beans and the standard by which others will be judged. 👍” on The Secret to Perfect Pinto Beans
WOW! So Juicy and Yummy!
From Anh…..”My coworker cooked for our lunch team today. Wow, it’s so juicy and yummy. And here I am just printed out the recipe.” on Marinated Pork Chop
I May Become Addicted
From Diane…. ” This is so good! I may be becoming addicted. Thank you for posting this recipe.” Left on Sweet Potato Cobbler
Wouldn't it be terrific to say those things tonight?
BUT JUST WHAT ABOUT WENDI SPRAKER?
HI! I’m Wendi Spraker and this is Loaves and Dishes. Unapologetic Southern Comfort Food is what you will find here.
I believe in the power of food. My recipes are REAL and have passion, flavor and love and I’ll show you how to get the same results.
I invite you to my table to nourish both your body and soul.
This website started as a passionate hobby in 2014 and has turned into so much more.
I’ve been mastering southern comfort food recipes and cooking techniques for over 35 years. Now, through this website, I’m sharing what I’ve learned with you!
- I want YOU to feel the pride of making REAL TASTY food!
- I want YOU to hear shouts of "MORE MORE MORE!!!" (Forks banging on the table. Hungry look in their eyes.)
I want YOU to be a KITCHEN ROCKSTAR!!
BUT WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS?
People often ask about my education.
- I hold a Master's Degree from Walden University in Nursing Leadership
- Additionally, I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from Maryville College.
Those are all ancient history and don't matter one twiddle in regards to this website however.
LOAVES AND DISHES HAS BEEN FEATURED IN...
ON THE LOCAL SCENE:
- Wendi serves as the Director, Chef and one of the Founders of the Taste of Stokes Program with the Stokes County Arts Council.
- Writes a bi-weekly food and cooking newspaper article for The Stokes News called "Loaves and Dishes" .
- Is featured in the 2018 Stokes County Tourism Guide and the 2019 Stokes County Tourism Guide as an expert local southern comfort food cook, writer and business owner.
- Serves on the Danbury Town Council and has for over 8 years.
ON THE NATIONAL SCENE:
- I will proudly serve on the Board of the International Food Blogger's Conference for 2020 and have for 2017, 2018 and 2019 as well.
- I moderated for the Creative Food Blogging Income Panel at the 2018 International Food Bloggers Conference
- Have been featured in CEO Blog Nation (Number 23)
- and In Podcasts like "BFF with the Chef".
Loaves and Dishes LOVES....
- Loaves and Dishes is a proud sponsor of The Danbury Songwriter summer series with the Stokes County Arts Council.
- and Is a supporter of the Stokes County Partnership for Children's Imagination Library through the BBQ for Books initiative.
- Loaves and Dishes is also a member of the National Association of Bloggers.
Here is the REAL FOOD Loaves and Dishes members are cooking up RIGHT NOW:
AND HEY! GUESS WHAT? Look where we ARE!
FIND LOAVES AND DISHES MENTIONED ON BUZZFEED !!!
FIND LOAVES AND DISHES ON ELITE DAILY !!!
THE BEST WAY TO BE IN THE KNOW FIRST?
Sign up here to be on the newsletter and I'll send you a weekly HOT COOKING TIP!