Easy Cherry Cobbler
This recipe for Easy Cherry Cobbler is a wonderful addition to your list of "things I can easily make". If you would like to read the "tips and tricks" for this recipe or if you would like more similar wonderful recipes, please visit www.loavesanddishes.net.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 Cans of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Cup of Pecan pieces
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the baking dish and spread out to cover. Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the top.
Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top of that. Cut the butter into slices and place around the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling up through the top. Some of the cake mix may still look powdery and that is ok.
- If you are concerned that the cake mix will be too much then you can always use less. I always use the whole thing but my husband never puts the whole bag in and so, just go with what you feel is right. Just know that a portion of the powdery cake mix will melt down into the cherry pie filling some and a bit will become crusty with the melted butter.
- You can always add more pecans if you really like more OR leave them out entirely if you don't want them in your cobbler.
- As for the butter pieces on the top therefore here is the thing while I always cut the butter and put it on in the most haphazard manner possible. My sweet hubby, the engineer, always places the pats of butter as if they were soldiers lined up across the powdery cake mix tundra and the results are the same. I don’t think it matters a bit.
- If you forget to spray your 9x13 pan then don't sweat it because it just means you will have to scrape the sides of your dish a little bit to get all of the cherry stuff out.
- If you want to make a half sized version of this, you can then just use a small baking dish such as a 2 quart size and half the ingredients.