Cake Glaze Recipe
5 MINUTES to a PERFECT, TART & SWEET BEAUTIFUL SHINY Cake Glaze Recipe! The BEST Icing for any pound cake, cookie or even works as a fruit dip!
Servings: 1 application
Liquid Measuring Cup
Whisk or fork
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1 Zest of Lemon
- 1/2 Zest of Lime
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
PRO TIP: If you enjoy the lemon and lime flavor together, next time try a little orange zest for a great triple threat!
- Mix up the glaze and then let it sit for a little bit to thicken slightly before pouring on the cake.
- To keep the glaze more thick, make sure the cake is cooled all the way first.
- Want a little trick for a yummy base to your cake? Before turning the cake over onto the plate poke some smaller holes in the bottom of your cake (with a fork) and then slowly pour a little of the glaze into the holes. YUM!
- The glaze will seem very difficult to stir and mix together at first, just keep stirring, it will loosen up.
- To add more lemony flavor to your glaze, add MORE zest, that’s where the true flavor is!
- The pinch of salt added to your glaze perks up the flavor.
Calories: 1220kcal | Carbohydrates: 262g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 241g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 100mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg