8 Can Taco Soup
Fast Easy 8 Can Taco Soup that is so delicious you’ll be on your way to a Spicy Delight in minutes flat by simply adding a few extra seasonings to 8 cans and dinner is served. The bonus is that it gets better the next day!
Servings: 20 servings
- 2 lbs ground beef 80/20 mix
- 2 15 Ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 10 can Mexicorn drained
- 1 15 oz Can Chili Beans
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans drained
- 1 15 oz Can Navy Beans drained
- 1 15 oz Can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 15 oz Can Rotel Tomatoes and Diced Green Chilis
- 1 32 oz box of Beef Broth
- 1 packet of medium taco seasoning
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning.
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
Brown the ground beef in the bottom of a large stock pot over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink.
Open the cans and drain according to the ingredient list. Add the cans to the stock pot. Add the beef broth, taco seasoning, ranch packet, salt, pepper and chili pepper, garlic and onion powder. .
Heat over medium to medium high heat until heated through.
Serve hot with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, scallions and corn chips (instead of crackers).
- Be sure to Brown the ground beef in the stock pot that you plan to cook the soup in
you definitely will want to drain the beans as indicated in the recipe. while the fluid in the bean cans at the flavor it may not be a flavor that you like. I sure don't.
be careful not to drain the chili beans, as bees have added seasonings that you will need in your recipe.
- If you do not have and cannot find Mexi corn, use clean canned corn and add extra seasonings during the seasoning step. one quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper should be enough heat to equal what is in the mexicorn already.
- The beans that are used in this recipe are the ones that tend to have a thinner skin because that is what my family prefers, your family may like dark red kidney beans or other thicker skinned beans and those are fine to use in this recipe
- An 80/20 ground beef mix is the right mixture for this recipe
this recipe is perfect when garnished with shredded cheddar sour cream and scallions.
- We like to freeze we leftovers into person servings which are easy to heat back up in last for most of the winter. Who can argue with cooking once and reheating many times over. it's an easy dinner option
- You can make this in the Crock-Pot simply brown the ground beef before adding everything to the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- If you choose to use vegetarian crumbles instead of ground beef, remember that they are salty and don’t add any salt until you are completely done with the recipe, then add salt to taste.
- If you choose to leave off the ground beef altogether, add ½ stick of butter (4 Tbs) because this recipe does need some fat to carry the flavor.
- Feel free to use any type of broth you prefer if you don’t want to use beef broth.
- This soup is EVEN BETTER on day TWO!
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg