How to Make Kraft Mac and Cheese Better
Creamy, cheesy and comfort food delicious! Perfect kraft mac and cheese that tastes better than you ever remembered!
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 0.5 oz American Cheese we prefer Velveeta
- 4 tbs butter use real butter if you can
- 1/4 cup milk whole is best for this
- 1 seasoning packet for mac and cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder make sure it is powder and not garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese as a garnish sprinkled over the top.
Cook the macaroni noodles from the box for 2 minutes less than stated on the box. As the water starts coming to a boil add 1/2 cup of milk to the cooking water. Drain in a colander when finished cooking.
In a separate sauce pan (while the noodles are cooking) over medium low heat, heat the butter, cheese and milk together until the cheese melts. Stir frequently.
Once the noodles are drained, put them back into the cooking saucepan. Add the seasoning packet from the box, the garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and the melted cheese mixture. Mix gently until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
- Cook the noodles for 2 minutes less than what is stated on the box.
- Add milk to the cooking water (see recipe).
- Add more butter than the recipe calls for extra creaminess.
- You'll want to melt some extra cheese with the butter before adding the cheese packet.
- Adding some parmesan cheese will add even more flavor.
- If you like garlic, then you can't go wrong by adding a little garlic powder.
- A tiny dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce is the ticket.
- Margarine for butter
- It's fine to use dairy substitutes for the milk and cheese, but it won't taste the same and I can't be responsible for your results.
- If you don't have cayenne then substitute 1 tsp hot sauce, any brand. Of course, if you tolerate spicy heat well, more is better in my mind.
Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 215mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 711IU | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 1mg