Velveeta Queso Blanco
Creamy, tangy, hot and oh so wonderful! That’s the kind of Velveeta Queso Blanco you’ll learn to make in this post! Come on, I’ll show you how, it couldn’t be easier!
Servings: 16 servings
- 16 oz Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 15.5 oz Fireroasted Rotel Tomatoes and Chilis
Cut the cheese into 1 inch or smaller cubes and place into the saucepan. Pour the Rotel over the top.
Place onto medium low heat on the stovetop and stir frequently.
Serve when the cheese is completely melted and the tomatoes and chilis are incorporated.
PRO TIP: For added zip, you can add an extra 4 oz can of chopped green chilis. This will add both heat and flavor.
- Initially, you will think that there is too much liquid in the Rotel for the dip, but it will mix in and be fine.
- You can increase the heat by using the hotter Rotel tomatoes and chilis.
- Stir frequently when preparing on the stovetop, it will want to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- This dish is a perfect party dish! Everyone gathers around the cheese bowl!
- You can really add a bang to this dish by adding some meat like ground beef or sausage.
- Chopped green onions give a fresh flavor and a lovely color as well.
- The scoop type chips work great with this dip but encourage guests to dip a LOT each time! You’ll want to make a double batch (at least) if offering scoop chips.
- Serve this as a topping for a potato bar or with pasta or rice!
- If you need to thin this down at all, add 2 tbs of milk initially and stir well till incorporated, increase by the 1 tbs until it is as thin as you like. Remember that as it cools, it will thicken.
- See the instructions above the recipe card for microwave and crockpot instructions
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 1mg