Foil Roasted Green Beans
Easy, fast, fresh green summer taste and NOTHING could be easier than grilling green beans in a foil packet! These foil roasted green beans suit everyone’s taste and you’ll be getting all the OOOoo’s and AAAahh’s around the dinner table when you serve up this beautiful and delicious side dish!
Servings: 4 servings
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans washed and dried with the ends cut off
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Rub the clean grill grates with some vegetable oil.
Lay down TWO sheets of 12” long aluminum foil, one on top of the other.
Place the green beans on the aluminum foil
Sprinkle the minced garlic, soy sauce, onion powder, red pepper flakes and sugar over the top. Place the pat of butter on the top.
Fold two opposite sides of the aluminum foil towards the middle.
Fold the other two sides over the top of the first layer and roll the top tightly down. Roll up the ends and pinch tightly together.
Lay the packet onto the cleaned and oiled grill grates. Allow to cook for 9 minutes. If you like your beans softer, cook for 2-4 minutes longer.
Remove from the grill and let it cool for 2 minutes.
Cut or unroll the package and serve beans hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
PRO TIP: Sprinkle with 1 tsp lemon juice for the perfect acidic balance!
- Buy the freshest green beans that you can find.
- Wash the beans and then dry them VERY well before starting, damp beans will steam quite a lot and wash off the seasoning.
- Usually the thin green beans taste best, but don’t go with the super skinny ones.
- You want one that looks fully grown but not OVER grown. Young tender beans is what you are going for.
- Look for a fresh green color and a colorful stem.
If the skin of the beans looks wrinkly, move on.
- When seasoning your beans, use a little more than you think prudent, some of it will wash off into the foil.
- Use TWO layers of heavy duty, good quality foil. This is important. Cheap foil or single layer foil is likely to tear on the grill and then all of your flavorful juices will leak out.
- Taste the beans before you serve them to make sure the flavor is like you want. Add more seasoning if needed before serving.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 908IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg