Green Chili Rice
Cheesy, flavorful and bursting with unctuous gusto that will have your family BEGGING for more! This Green Chili Rice is sure to hit the regular dinner rotation! It couldn’t be easier and I’ll show you how in just a few easy steps!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Green Onions chopped.
- 4 oz green chilis chopped
- 1 ½ Cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp parsley dried - optional
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Then coat the bottom of the dish with 2-3 Tbs parmesan cheese.
In a large bowl mix together the cooked rice, sour cream, green onions, green chilis, 1 cup of pepper jack, melted butter, cayenne, salt and pepper until well mixed and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
Top with the remaining ½ cup of Pepper Jack cheese, remaining parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until heated through a bubbly.
- If using the minute rice or instant rice, be careful when mixing so you don’t turn the rice to mush. Just gently fold the other ingredients in.
- It’s fine to substitute other types of cheese. A good cheddar is also good as is any melty cheese like a gruyere cheese!
- Try topping your rice with a crunchy and buttery topping like ritz crackers or crushed up potato chips mixed with butter.
- Make MORE by doubling the recipe and baking in a 9x13 baking dish.
You will definitely want to spray the pan first before adding the rice, it can be a sticky dish.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 543mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 1mg