How To Make Stove Top Stuffing
Fluffy, flavorful, filling and DELICIOUS! This EASY dressed up Stove Top Stuffing is the perfect FAST side dish for a simple weeknight meal. Literally ANYONE can make this dish! I'll show you how to make stove top stuffing today!
Liquid Measuring Cup
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Broth instructions call for water, but broth tastes better.
- 4 Tbs Butter or butter substitute, oil works fine.
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme dried.
- 1 Box stove top stuffing
- 3 stalks green onion chopped for garnish.
Heat the broth over medium heat and add the butter, garlic powder, thyme until boiling.
When boiling, add the stuffing mix bag and turn off the heat.
Put a lid on the pan and let stand for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, fluff with a fork. Serve hot.
- It's just fine to substitute oil for the butter in this recipe or to use butter substitute instead. In fact, this stuffing still tastes great without any butter or oil at all, it just tastes better with it!
- If you really want to boost the flavor, use some chicken stock, beef stock or vegetable stock instead of water in this recipe.
- I like to add any extra herbs to the liquid before adding the bread package, this helps spread those herbs out very well.
- If you forget to add the butter while boiling the liquid, it still works just fine to add the butter after you mix it all together. Simply put the lid on, let the butter melt, and then stir it all together. (That's what happened in the video).
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 1719mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1873IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg