Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spicy, Smokey and full of that Buffalo Chicken Dip Flavor that you love! This easy smoked buffalo chicken dip will be a classic in your family just like it is in mine in no time at all!
Servings: 16 servings
- ½ lb bacon cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 small rotisserie chicken - shredded
- 8 oz block of cream cheese - room temp
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pack of hidden valley ranch dressing powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 2 Tbs of garlic minced
- 1 Tbs liquid smoke
Cook the bacon crispy and once cooled, chop small. Remove the chicken from the bones and shred or chop and set aside.
Place everything into an aluminum pan (9x12).
Preheat the grill to low (or use your smoker per manual). (If using a smoking tube, load the tube and light it).
Turn one side of the grill off. Set the pan onto the UNLIT side of the grill. Close the lid and place the smoking tube onto the lit side of the grill. Allow to smoke and grill until the cream cheese and other items are melted and mix together easily. (about 30-45 minutes).
- This recipe uses rotisserie chicken, however, you may use any chicken you have.
- Simply cook it and shred it. You’ll need about 2 lbs of meat.
- To make this vegetarian, use the Quorn vegetarian chicken pieces. Ya’ll, they are really super good.
- It’s fine to substitute the lower fat cream cheese or neufchatel instead of cream cheese.
- Use any type of hot sauce you prefer, but for a classic buffalo chicken flavor, you’ll want to use Franks Classic Hot Wing Sauce.
- Substituting the jarred minced garlic for fresh is fine as well.
- Although we prefer the thick bacon at our house for eating, I find that the inexpensive thin sliced bacon works best for this recipe in regards to texture and crispiness.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, onion, cilantro or extra bacon.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg