How To Cook Chicken Pieces in a Pan
Delicious, easy, perfectly cooked chicken pieces in a pan every single time!
Servings: 2 servings
Spatula or wooden spoon.
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, can use other cuts of the chicken as well.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the chicken into like size pieces. Preheat a non stick skillet (I recommend a well seasoned cast iron) over medium heat on the stovetop and add 1 Tbs vegetable oil.
When the pan is hot, add the chicken all at once and spread out so that it is in a single layer. Do not crowd the pan. If there is not enough room, cook half, remove it from the pan and then add the other half.
Season with salt and pepper. Saute till just past pink.
Remove from the pan and use for your dish.
- Make sure the chicken is cut into similar size pieces so that it cooks at the same rate.
- Add only a small amount of oil to the pan.
- Add the chicken all at once so that it cooks at the same rate.
- Once the chicken is in the pan and spread out, leave it alone so that it can develop color on the side that is cooking.
- If you will be using the chicken in another recipe that involves cooking it further, consider cooking less in the frying pan.
- OK to substitute olive oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil or any oil that you prefer to cook with.
Serving: 0.5lb | Calories: 317kcal | Protein: 48g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 839mg | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg