How to Steam Cauliflower In the Microwave
Fresh, Creamy and Perfectly Cooked, Microwave Steamed Cauliflower is the fastest, tastiest way to preserve all the good for you stuff and be ready for a meal in minutes! Learn How To Steam Cauliflower in the Microwave in just minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 Cup Cauliflower trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbs water
Trim any brown places off of Cauliflower and cut into bite sized pieces.
Place Cauliflower into bowl. Add 2 Tbs of water. Cover with saucer.
Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
Remove carefully using hot pads or oven mitts. Remove top from saucer. Use as you desire.
PRO TIP: For great flavor, especially when using the Cauliflower as a side or to top a baked potato, add a pat of butter (about a Tbs), a pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, pinch of red pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp garlic powder before microwaving. This adds tremendous flavor!
- The Cauliflower will be very hot when you remove it from the microwave. Use great care and protect your hands when removing it.
- Cauliflower cooked this way can be eaten plain, with seasonings or used as a topping for baked potatoes or other dishes. Can also be used as precooked Cauliflower for something like a casserole.
- If you are using a plastic bag, then instead of placing in a bowl, place the Cauliflower in the bag, add the water, seal the bag but leave a small gap for steam to escape.
- If you are using the bowl with plastic wrap, place the Cauliflower in the bowl, seal with plastic wrap and leave a small gap for the steam to escape.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg