Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Fast & Easy! Just throw it all in (even frozen) and it's done in 10 minutes then garnish and put under the broiler for a minute and you are on your way to a game day favorite!
Servings: 12 servings
measuring cups and spoons
low sided oven safe baking dish
broiler (oven or toaster oven)
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 blocks, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup chicken stock see substitutions if needed
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce see substitutions
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup blue cheese optional
- 2 stalks green onion chopped thin, both white and green parts.
Add the chicken, cream cheese, stock, hot sauce and ranch seasoning to the pressure cooker. Cook on high (full) pressure for 10 minutes (see notes if using frozen chicken as I did in the video). Allow a natural release. Preheat the broiler on the oven.
Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese (reserve 1/4 cup) to the dish and mix well breaking up the chicken as you are mixing it.
Pour the mixture into a low sided oven save dish. Top with the remainder of the shredded cheese and sprinkle the blue cheese over the top. Broil for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted on the top.
Remove from the oven allow to cool slightly and sprinkle with the chopped green onion. Serve hot.
- Use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this dish because they add lots of flavor, you can't over cook, are juicy and moist. See below for substitutions.
- Franks Buffalo Chicken Hot Sauce works best for this recipe, however, there are substitutions you can make if you don't have or can't find it, see those below.
- The pop of fresh flavor on the top really brings out the dish so make sure to add the green onion or some fresh flavor (chives would work or even some fresh diced tomato but don't do parsley).
- This makes a great game day recipe or family get together recipe. Serve with crusty bread, slider rolls, tortilla chips, corn chips, carrots, celery, extra ranch dressing, extra hot sauce or some combination of those extras and people will be delighted.
- ***Important note: If you are using a pressure cooker larger than 5-6 quarts, add another 1/2 cup of broth.
Want to really wow your friends? Pour this into several small ramekins, one per guest and then offer with a charcuterie board stocked with things that go with the dip like pepperoni, crispy bacon slices, celery, carrots, hot peppers, various kinds of dippers like crostini, chips, etc and some extra sauces like ranch dressing and hot sauce. You will always be known as the hostess with the mostest!
- You can use bone in and skin on chicken, but then you'll have to pull the chicken out and remove the bones and skins before mixing it all together.
- Substitute already cooked chicken such as frozen chicken pieces for recipes, rotisserie chicken, canned chicken but you'll need to decrease the cooking time down to 2-4 minutes.
- Vegetarian substitutions include tofu and Quorn frozen imitation chicken, reduce cook time to 2-4 minutes. Also, use a vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- For the cream cheese, you can use Neufchatel or the lower fat cream cheese options.
- If you can't find Franks, use any standard hot sauce and then add 1 Tbs of butter.
- If blue cheese isn't your vibe, just leave it out.
- No chicken broth? No problem. Get the Better than Bouillon chicken flavor and add 1/2 tsp plus 1/2 cup water to your pressure cooker instead.
Serving: 0.3cup | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 669IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg