Chocolate Pretzel Rods with M&Ms
Easy Fast and Absolutely Mouth Cramming Delicious! These Chocolate Rod Pretzels with M&M's are the best easy treat of the season! Anyone can make these and they are complete in about 5 minutes!
Servings: 10 servings
- 12 oz chocolate chips or chocolate bark cut into pieces
- 10 pretzel rods
- 1/3 cup mini m&m's
In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips or melting chocolate for 2 minutes. Stir and reheat in 1 minute intervals until well melted. Pour onto a plate or shallow dish.
Roll top 1/3-2/3 of pretzel rod in the chocolate until the top is coated well.
Pour mini m&m's onto a different plate and roll pretzel rod in the m&m's. Use your fingers to press m&m's onto the chocolate. Lay pretzel rod onto parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
- We have made these with both chocolate chips and with melting chocolate candy and prefer the candy type coating. It melts well, hardens quickly and the toppings stick easily to it.
- Coating the pretzel rod works best if you have a shallow tray or plate to put the chocolate in and then roll the pretzel in the chocolate.
- The same works for the topping, place it on a plate and then roll the pretzel rod in the topping.
- It's easiest to only coat the top 1/3 of the pretzel rod, but people seem to like pretzel rods with about 2/3 dipped in chocolate.
- Lay these on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper to cool and allow the chocolate to harden completely.
- The little plastic bags that are for individually wrapping cookies make a suitable cover for the chocolate end of the pretzel rod.
- They display easily in a small mason type jar.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg