Banana Pudding Poke Cake
A light fluffy cake that tastes like banana pudding! So delicious and creamy! Easy to fix for a crowd too!
Servings: 18 servings
9x13 baking pan
- 1 Yellow cake mix cake made by the package instructions
- 2 boxes of INSTANT vanilla pudding - made by the package instructions
- 3 ripe bananas cut into disks
- 1 12 oz tub of whipped cream type topping thawed to room temp
- 10 vanilla wafer cookies smashed into crumbles
Make the cake according to package instructions in a 9x12 baking dish.
Make the two boxes of pudding according to package instructions.
Cut the 3 bananas into disks.
Poke holes into the cake at regular intervals (see the process photos) and then pour the pudding onto the cake. Using a spatula, spread the pudding out over the cake and push as much of the pudding into the holes as possible.
Place the banana disks onto the pudding.
Cover the banana disks with the whipped cream topping and spread it out.
Sprinkle the vanilla wafer crumbs over the top.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Allow the cake to cool a little before poking holes.
- This serves the same number of people regardless of it being a layer or sheet cake, but is probably slightly easier to serve to a crowd as a sheet cake.
- Cook the cake slightly under done - so if the cakes calls to be cooked for 22 minutes - cook it for 20. This allows you to poke the holes without messing up the cake too much.
- Poke a lot of holes in the cake.
- Pour the pudding as soon as you make it - when it is still a tiny bit thin.
- Use RIPE bananas for the most flavor - the greenish ones cut better but the riper ones have more banana flavor.
- Use as many vanilla wafers as you want for the topping - you are the king in your kitchen!
- Change up the topping with chopped pecans or walnuts.
PRO TIP: Dip the banana slices in a mix of 2 Tbs of lemon juice and 1 Tbs of water to keep them from browning too quickly.
- PRO TIP: Feel free to use something besides vanilla wafers on the top. Maybe try crushed pistachios, pecans or walnuts!
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg