Buffalo Chicken Dip
Creamy, meaty, filling and CHEESE! Who could resist? Not us! Ready in just 30ish minutes and you'll be snuggling on the couch, snacking like a maniac! Carry to a party and you'll be the most popular person there!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 small rotissery chicken - shredded
- 8 oz block of cream cheese - room temp
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pack of hidden valley ranch dressing powder
- 1 tsp of garlic minced
Preheat the oven to 375
Shred the chicken
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into an oven proof dish (about 9x9 is right).
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve with chips for dipping or spread on crackers.
Possible additions for flavor:
Chopped tomato, bacon, chives, black olives, sun dried tomatoes.
PRO TIP: If you prefer a layered look to your dip, mix the chicken with the hot sauce and place that in the bottom of the baking dish. Soften the cream cheese on the stove top and mix in the ranch dressing. Smear this over the top of the chicken mix. Then top with the shredded cheese and bake.
PRO TIP: Would you like to take this to a party? Have more than your oven can hold? Make this buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot by putting all the ingredients in a crockpot, set on low and allow to heat for 6 hours.
- Use Neufchatel or low fat cream cheese instead of the regular cream cheese.
- OK to substitute the lower fat mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise or olive oil mayonnaise.
- You can substitute 4 cans of drained chicken for the rotisserie OR 2 small chicken breasts cooked through and shredded.
- If you prefer Blue Cheese instead of ranch, you can add in blue cheese crumbles, but KEEP the ranch dressing mix as well.
- Try out different cheeses! We like Sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese.
Calories: 567kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 1178mg | Potassium: 426mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1mg