Hot Cheesy Bacon Party Dip
This easy, affordable and delicious dip is party ready in less than 30 minutes.
Servings: 24 servings
- 8 slices bacon - cooked crispy and crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp, cut into 1" blocks
- 1 c mayo
- 1 c cheddar cheese buy the best sharp cheese you can find, grate it yourself
- 2 whole Roma tomatoes seeds and inner goop removed , only use the outside meat and chop fine.
- 1 bundle green onions – finely chopped
- 2 Tbs minced garlic pre minced, jarred in oil is fine.
Preheat oven to 350
Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, mayo tomatoes, onions, garlic and bacon in a bowl.
Put in an oven safe dish and bake for 20 mins on 350 or until bubbly and browning on top.
PRO TIP: Save out a little tomato, bacon and green onion to sprinkle on the top.
- Go ahead and fry up the entire package of bacon, you'll want to sneak a few while you are working on everything else.
- There are about 12 slices of regular sized bacon in a 1 lb package. This recipe calls for 8.
- Fry the bacon a little more crispy than you usually would, it gives more flavor.
- Make SURE to remove the insides of the tomato and only use the outer meaty part, the seeds and tomato goop will make this recipe soupy.
- Dice your green onion pretty small.
- An 8oz block of grated cheese is more than a cup, but it is the right amount of cheese for this recipe.
- Use room temp cream cheese, or your arms will get sore trying to stir it all in.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg