Savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Easy, delicious and even GOOD for you sweet potatoes for people who don't like sweet potatoes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic
Preheat oven to 350
Cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes and place into a large bowl
Mince garlic and Rosemary
Pour olive oil over the top of the potatoes
Pour salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic over the top of the potatoes and oil mix.
Using your hands mix and turn the sweet potatoes until all are coated with oil and herbs.
Pour out onto a large baking sheet and spread out so that potato pieces are not touching.
Bake for 20 minutes and then using a spatula, turn pieces to allow the other side to roast. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and soft when pierced with a fork.
PRO TIP:If you have a convection oven, turn on the convection function for the last 2 minutes, it really helps to brown them up nicely. If you DON'T have a convection function, turn on the broiler for the last 2 minutes and watch the sweet potatoes closely.
- Chop the pieces of sweet potato to the same size so that they roast evenly. The smaller the piece, the quicker it will roast. Go for slightly larger than pencil eraser size.
- If you don't have Olive Oil, it's perfectly fine to use vegetable oil or any cooking oil you have.
- OK to substitute preminced jarred garlic if that is what you have.
- Chop the garlic to similar size pieces so that it roasts evenly and doesn't burn the small pieces.
- Fresh rosemary is really essential for this recipe. The dried rosemary is too tough to work and you'll be left with little bits of it in your mouth. It's ewwww.
- The ESSENTIAL TIP is to spread the pieces out well on the pan so that they have enough room to cook. Air needs to be able to circulate around them.
- Chopped bacon (if you happen to have some is a brilliant addition to this recipe).
- When tossing in the oil on the pan, make sure that all the pieces get some oil.
- A DASH of cayenne pepper really helps this recipe as well, but some people are quite afraid of cayenne (try it if you are a tiny bit daring, you won't be sorry)
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 753mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9222IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg