How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
Instructions for How to make a Pumpkin Pie from Pumpkin Pie Mix
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust
- 1 30 oz can of pumpkin pie mix
- ⅔ Cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp real almond extract
Preheat the oven to 425.
Place the pie crust in a deep dish pie plate and crimp the edges. Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla and almond. Whisk until mixed together well.
Pour into the pie crust and leave the pie plate in the baking sheet. Place the entire thing into the oven on the middle rack in the center of the oven.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for another hour. The pie is done when you can shake the edge of the pie plate and it is no longer jiggly loose in the center.
- This pie is very LOOSE when you make it, it is always a best idea to put a baking sheet beneath it in case of spillage.
- If you REALLY like cinnamon, I always think it tastes best with a little extra sprinkled on top.
- Pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream. Just saying. Mmmmm.
- Most people also like cool whip or fresh whipped cream with their pumpkin pie.
- You will definitely want to use a whisk for making this dish. It makes a lot of difference when you are trying to mix it up.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9226IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg