White Trash Chicken Sliders
An Easy and Delicious recipe for chicken sliders that can be changed up according to your own tastes!
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 8 oz block of Cream Cheese cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- 1 4 oz can of chopped green chilis
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 strips of crispy bacon - crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 count package of slider rolls
In a large saucepan over medium low heat, melt the cream cheese with the milk. Stir often while heating. You may have to whisk the cream cheese to get the lumps out.
While the cream cheese is melting, Shred the chicken.
Once the Cream cheese is melted, add the shredded chicken, Rotel, green chilis, ranch mix and bacon and stir well. Continue to heat over medium heat until bubbly.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool enough to handle easily. Add salt and pepper to taste
Scoop onto slider rolls and serve with sandwich fixings.
- Use a small scoop to put the chicken on the sliders, it goes faster that way.
- You can amp up the flavor by melting some butter with italian seasoning in it and brushing it on the bun tops then warming in the oven slightly.
- This is also good used as a dip for veggies or crackers and chips.
When shredding a chicken, it is usually easiest to place the meat on a cutting board and use two back to back forks pulling away from each other in the meat. This makes a nice and easily eaten shred.
- Sub out different types of cooked chicken. Just chop or shred it well.
- See the post for a full list of potential substitutions and additions, this recipe is VERY versatile.
- If you are concerned about the heat, leave off the tomatoes and green chilis and just use one can of chopped green chilis and add one small chopped tomato.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 145mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.3mg