Mamaw's Lemon Pound Cake
Crunchy crust with light fluffy middle. This is an EASY and perfect lemon pound cake of your dreams!
Servings: 16 servings
- 3 Cups Sugar room temp
- 3 Sticks Butter Room Temp (1 1/2 Cups)
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour room temp
- 1 Cup Milk room temp
- 1 tbsp lemon extract room temp
- 4 large eggs room temp
Preheat oven to 325.
Prepare a 10-12 Cup Bundt pan with a heavy coating of baking spray or a proper coating of butter and flour
In the bowl of a stand mixer mix together the sugar and butter until creamy.
Add to the mix the flour and milk. Mix well.
Add the eggs, one at a time and mix till well incorporated.
Pour in the lemon flavoring and mix well.
Bake at 325 for about an hour and 20 minutes. Start checking at an hour and it could take as long as an hour and a half depending on your oven.
Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Allow the cake to sit until room temperature. Then, use a butter knife to very gently release the cake from the pan if it is stuck at all. Invert the pan onto a serving plate.
PRO TIP: You will need all room temperature ingredients so that you will end up with a uniformly textured cake. Cold ingredients won't do their job and the pound cake won't bake properly.
- There are NO Substitutions for this cake because it needs everything in there to make a perfect cake.
- Soften the butter properly - allow it to sit out for at least 4 hours. There's no other way.
- Mix the heck out of this cake, until you add the eggs, then (because they are room temp) you'll only need to JUST mix them in.
- This is a big cake, so it takes a lot of butter and sugar to make it come out right.
- Serve this cake with fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for a lovely sight.
- Allow this cake to cool completely before attempting to remove from the pan.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.4mg