How to Freeze Sour Cream
You can freeze sour cream! I'll show you how!
Servings: 16 servings
- 16 oz sour cream any brand
Label the freezer bag with a sharpie marker to indicate what will be in the bag and how many. Label with today's date and a "USE BY" date (6 months to 1 year from now).
Place the sour cream into the freezer bag
Squeeze as much air as possible from the bag.
Seal the bag.
Place the bag of sour cream into the freezer.
PRO TIP: Label the bag BEFORE you put the food in the bag. It's so much easier to write on a bag with nothing in it BEFORE it has water or grease on it.
- Use good quality freezer bags (this doesn't necessarily mean name brand). Just check to make sure that the bag feels heavy and thick in your hand and that the seal works very well.
- It's so easy to use the type of bag with the zippers, but I've had more bag failures with the zipper bags than with the press and seal type bags.
- Buy yourself a sharpie marker to keep in the kitchen in your "junk" drawer OR tape it to the front of your freezer bag box. Then you'll always have one.
- The flater that you can make the bag, the better for saving space in your freezer.
- When putting things in the freezer, put the newer things on the bottom of the stack so that the older things are near the top and you'll use those first.
- Squeeze air out of the bag after you put the meat into the bag by rolling it up. Air in the bag will equal freezer burn later.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 40mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg