Mac and Cheese Soup
If you enjoy wrapping up in a blanket and snuggling on the couch then this is the soup for you!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Tbs unsalted sweet cream butter
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- 3-4 cups left-over Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz Velveeta or any processed cheese food really
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream or whole milk – but you know, cream is creamier – you’ve gone this far, just go the rest of the way
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika for garnish and parsley if you are in the mood
In a heavy sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat on the stovetop. Cook the onions until translucent 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir. Cook until fragrant – about 30 more seconds.
Add the chicken stock, stir in the mac and cheese. Add the velveeta, parmesan and cream cheeses. Stir occasionally until all are melted and mixed thoroughly. Add the heavy cream (or milk) and stir till heated through. Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Garnish with smoked paprika and/or parsley. If you add in some left over protein (beans, chicken, pork, etc) and a veggie (broccoli, carrots, peas, etc) – then you have a complete meal in one bowl!
You'll want to start with an excellent recipe for mac and cheese , which you can find right here.