Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad
The most delicious salad I've ever eaten, bar none. Try Southwest Chipotle chicken salad today!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- For the sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup greek plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbs minced chipotle chilis canned in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the salad
- 2 cups chopped roasted boneless chicken breasts 2 breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups fresh lettuce – any type
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- ½ cup diced and peeled avocados
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 can black beans- rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn – rinsed and drained
Mix ingredients for the sauce together.
Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken breast in the frying pan – about 3-5 minutes per side.
While chicken is cooking, mix salad ingredients together in a bowl.
When chicken is done (juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink in the center), assemble the salad. Salad topped with chicken – dress with sauce.