How to Microwave Eggs
FAST, yellow, buttery, soft pillowy scrambled eggs that you’ll be gobbling down in no time at all! Learn how here with no eggsplosions or other mishaps!
Servings: 1 serving
- Nonstick spray
- 1 Egg mixed well with fork
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 tbs milk (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper.
Spray microwave safe bowl (mug, cuwith non stick spray. Make sure to get the spray into any corners.
Crack egg into the bowl and mix very well with a fork. Add the butter, optional milk, salt and pepper and mix well again.
Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and mix well with the fork, repeat until egg is cooked to the hardness you prefer.
PRO TIP: For a ton of extra flavor add any of your favorite egg condiments like crumbled bacon, minced onion, peppers, sausage, green onion, thyme, oregano, etc. Be creative!
PRO TIP: Stop cooking your eggs when they are ALMOST to the hardness that you prefer. The steam and the heat in the bowl will finish cooking them in the next 20-30 seconds or so. This will help you avoid over cooked eggs.
- You’ll want to use the cooking spray because microwave eggs will stick like glue to your bowl otherwise.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, smear a thin coat of butter all over the bowl you will cook in (or cup or mug).
- Want your egg in a cup or mug? No problem, just make sure to get the cooking spray into the corner where the side wall meets the bottom.
- Do you like milk in your eggs? This makes them a little more creamy. Add 2 Tbs of milk to the ingredients above.
- Want to leave the butter out? That’s fine, the butter does add some flavor.
- Be very careful removing your eggs from the microwave, some microwave safe containers will get very hot in the microwave.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 100mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 592IU | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg