Soft, Fluffy, Perfect and FAST! Perfect microwave rice is in your reach in just minutes! Besides, this is microwave rice WITHOUT a rice cooker!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Cup Jasmine Basmati or Long Grain White Rice
- 2 Cups of Water plus extra for washing
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Place Jasmine, Basmati or a Long Grain White Rice in a kitchen strainer and rinse until the water runs clear. Drain Well. OPut rice in a bowl and pour water over it 2-3 times swishing it and pouring it off as you go.
After the rice is washed, add enough water so that the water covers the rice by 1 inch. (if you want to measure your rice, then measure out the rice you want and add double the amount of water).
Add salt, pepper and butter.
Cover with a saucer or piece of plastic wrap.
Microwave for 9 minutes, then let rest for 3 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
PRO TIP: The secret to really good rice is to have the right amount of water. Not too wet and not too dry. After rinsing your rice, drain it very well and then cook as directed. If it seems too wet after your fluffy with the fork, put it back in the microwave for 1 minute and repeat the fluffing.
- To make your rice WITHOUT measuring the water, simply fill the bowl to one inch above the rice with water.
- Add more flavor to your rice by using chicken stock or chicken broth instead of water.
- You can add a lot more flavor to your rice by adding some garlic powder, onion powder, season all salt, tomato puree or a chicken bouillon cube.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg