How to Freeze Apple Pie
Fruity, tangy and perfectly apple flavored! Apple pie is THE BEST! I’ll show you how to freeze apple pie to save it for baking later!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pie crust
- 2 apple pie filling add these together and make into a pie
Write today’s date, Baked or Unbaked Apple Pie and Use by date 6 months from now on a freezer quality storage bag.
Place the pie into the bag, close the seal.
Place the pie into the freezer on a flat surface, sitting level.
Freeze for up to six months.
- Make your apple pie in a 9” aluminum pie pan for easy freezing. The 9” pie pans fit perfectly inside a gallon size freezer storage bag.
- If you are making a double crust pie, then don’t cut the vent holes until you are ready to bake it. This will keep all of the pie inside the pie.
- If making a single crust pie, freeze the pie uncovered on a shelf in the freezer first (about 3 hours), THEN place it into the bag. That way the filling won't stick to the bag. Make sure to set the pie level in the freezer.
- This works for pie filling you made yourself, canned pie filling, homemade pie crust or store bought crust.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg