How to Freeze Mushrooms
A quick way to save mushrooms for later! Easy, fast and done in less than 15 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbs oil vegetable or olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- pinch kosher salt
Heat skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan.
Once the pan is preheated, add the sliced mushrooms all at once.
Heat in the skillet until lightly browned and until the water has been released from the mushrooms.
Remove from the heat and place the mushrooms onto a plate to cool. Once cooled, place into a freezer safe resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible. Place into the freezer.
PRO TIP: Buy your mushrooms on sale and freeze them this way for future recipes. It's a great way to save money!
- Use the freshest mushrooms you can for this recipe. You want your future recipes to have fresh ingredients!
- This works for any type of fresh mushroom that you can purchase in the grocery.
- If you decide to wash your mushrooms first, be sure that they are completely dry before starting this recipe.
- If you do not wash your mushrooms, be sure to brush off any visible dirt with a paper towel.
- Check your mushroom label, they may be prewashed. The label will tell you.
- The mushrooms will keep in the freezer for a three months.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Iron: 1mg