How To Cook Italian Sausage in the Oven
Fresh, Herby, Savory and delicious! Baked Italian Sausage is the best way to enjoy these affordable sausage with almost no clean up!
Servings: 4 servings
Quick read thermometer
- 2 lb Italian Sausage sweet, mild, medium or hot of any flavor
Preheat the oven to 350. Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Lay the Italian Sausages out so that they have space between to allow air to circulate in the oven.
Bake for 25-35 minutes to internal temp of 160.
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper or a silpat. These sausages love to leak and you don't want to be cleaning pans all evening.
- Look for Mild Italian Sausage, Medium Italian Sausage or Hot Italian Sausage OR Sweet Italian Sausage. You can even find flavors like cheddar.
- Don't pierce the skin before baking. The good stuff will run out.
- Lay the individual links so that air can circulate between them. Preheat the oven and put the sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Invest in a good kitchen thermometer for recipes like this. You really want the internal temp to 160. Don't just dig in with a knife, the juices will run out.
- You do not have to turn these half way through, but you can if you want.
- Serve these delicious links over spaghetti with tomato sauce, over grits (heck yeah, ya'll) or as the main meat with a green side salad.
Serving: 1sausage | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 57mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg