How to Steam Peas In the Microwave
Fresh, Bright Green and Perfectly Cooked, Microwave Steamed Peas is the fastest, tastiest way to preserve all the good for you stuff and be ready for a meal in minutes! Learn How To Steam Peas in the Microwave in just minutes!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 Cup Peas trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbs water
Trim any brown places off of Peas and cut into bite sized pieces.
Place Peas into bowl. Add 2 Tbs of water. Cover with saucer.
Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
Remove carefully using hot pads or oven mitts. Remove top from saucer. Use as you desire.
PRO TIP: For great flavor, especially when using the Peas as a side add the following for each cup of peas:
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of garlic powder
- The Peas will be very hot when you remove it from the microwave. Use great care and protect your hands when removing it.
- Peas cooked this way can be eaten plain, with seasonings or used as an ingredient in other dishes.
- If you are using a plastic bag, then instead of placing in a bowl, place the Peas in the bag, add the water, seal the bag but leave a small gap for steam to escape.
- If you are using the bowl with plastic wrap, place the Peas in the bowl, seal with plastic wrap and leave a small gap for the steam to escape.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1109IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg