Pressure Cooker Carrots
Tender, Sweet, Honey Glazed and ready in minutes, these pressure cooker carrots will have your family begging for more!
Servings: 3 servings
- 16 oz baby carrots 12-16 oz bag
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth Substitute: 1/2 cup water plus 1/2 tsp broth concentrate
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder substitute 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbs Honey Add an extra 2 Tbs brown sugar is not sweete nough for you
Add carrots, broth, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme to the pressure cooker or instant pot.
Secure the lid and over high heat, bring to pressure and cook for 5 minutes at full pressure. Allow natural release.
When able to remove the lid after pressure is released, add the butter, lemon juice and honey. Stir. Serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Make more than you need and add these carrots to your pasta dishes and other dishes to make them extra special!
- If using whole carrots, do not slice into strips as this will make the carrot too thin and it will be over mushy.
- Drain the carrots before adding the honey and butter for a thicker, sweeter glaze.
- For more sweetness, add a tsp or two of brown or white sugar.
- If you don't have broth or broth concentrate, then simply add water. You have to add water to pressure cookers.
- You can double this recipe many times over. Do not fill your pressure cooker more than 3/4 full or past the maximum fill line.
- Substitute Italian Seasoning for Dried Thyme as needed.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 21040IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg