Smoked Pork Chops
Want to make delicious, flavorful, tender smoked pork chops on your smoker? I'll show you how with this easy marinade and tips for how to smoke perfectly. Stay tuned to the end for the PRO TIP!
Servings: 4 servings
For the Marinade
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbs A1
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
For the Smoker
- 4 pork chops bone in, 1 inch thick
Mix the ingredients for the marinade together with a whisk. Submerge the pork chops into the marinade and massage into the meat. Seal with plastic wrap into the bowl or pour into a zip top style plastic bag. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
Prepare your smoker according to the style smoker you own. See the video listed above for how I prepare my smoker.
While you are preparing the smoker, remove the pork chops from the marinade and allow them to rest at room temp.
Once the smoker is well heated, place the marinated pork chops onto the smoker grates and smoke until the internal temp of the pork chops reach 165.
Remove from the smoker and lightly tent aluminum foil over the top of the pork chops and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Always use a thicker pork chop, it is easier to manage the temps with a thicker chop.
- Never use the charcoal that has treatment to help it light. This will give your smoked food an off flavor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at the table.
- Use a good quality thermometer like a Thermopen.
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1893mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg