Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Easy Fast and Delicious. Make yours in about 10 minutes or less.
Servings: 18 servings
- 12 oz semi sweet Chocolate chips Dark chocolate if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 8 candy canes 30 peppermint disks if using those instead
Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with a large sheet of parchment paper.
Pour chocolate chips into a medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir well and then heat in 1 minute increments until the chocolate is melted, smooth and you are able to pour it. Add the peppermint extract and mix in well. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the prepared pan and smooth out across the pan with the spatula. Place the pan into the refrigerator to cool.
Crush the candy canes in a zip lock style bag using a rolling pin, soup can or meat tenderizing hammer. Set aside.
In a different medium sized bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips for 2 minutes. Stir well, then heat in 1 minute increments until the chocolate is melted through and smooth. Pour over the set chocolate and spread out with the spatula to completely cover the darker colored chocolate. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermints. Press any larger pieces down into the chocolate.
- If you prefer to use a double boiler to melt the chocolate, that is fine, however be sure not to splash water into the chocolate or it will seize.
- No double boiler or microwave? No worries, here's how you can make your own double boiler using what you have at home.
- Since this recipe gets most of its flavor from the chocolates, you are going to want to use the best chocolates possible. I recommend the Ghiradelli chocolates if you can find them.
- It's fine to use either crushed candy canes or peppermint candies (the round disk kind). Either work just fine.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg