Creamy Garlic Sundried Tomato and Spinach Chicken
Creamy luscious and just like I want every day to end. Besides, it's ready in 30 minutes. The best way to spend an evening with someone else or just by yourself.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2-4 thin sliced chicken breasts depending on size (see video)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz ½ block cream cheese - cubed
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil - chopped small
- 1 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper
Heat two Tbs oil in a 9 inch skillet on the stove top on medium heat. While this is heating, check your chicken breasts for thickness (you do not want them super thick. If they are thick, slice in half like you would open a book) and salt and pepper the chicken. When oil is glimmering, add the chicken and sear on each side (2-3 mins per side). Remove to another dish. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Increase the heat to medium high and add the chicken stock all at once. Deglaze the pan (scrape up the yummy bits on the bottom of the frying pan) and allow the broth to reduce by half (this takes a while - maybe 5-8 minutes).
When the chicken stock is reduced, reduce the heat back to medium. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, spinach and lemon juice. Stir constantly until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
Add the chicken breasts back to the sauce and allow them to finish cooking through (about 5 mins). Taste, add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.
PRO TIP: Salt is what makes this dish, in the end. Make sure to add a little more salt at the end if the flavor isn't where you want it.
- When you remove the chicken breasts from the pan, don't adjust the heat just yet. When you add the broth, its going to sizzle and steam. That's exactly what you want!
- It will seem like WAY too much spinach. The spinach will wilt quickly and you'll think it's going to disappear.
- It takes a few minutes for the chicken stock to reduce by half. Just give it a few minutes. It will happen. No worries.
- You can substitute chicken thighs for the breasts. Make sure to flatten them out as best you can.
- It's fine to substitute milk, coconut milk, vegan milk alternatives for the cream. Just know that the final taste will be different and the sauce will not be as thick and creamy.
- Other greens will work but spinach probably tastes the best.
- If spinach or garlic isn't your thing, it is ok to leave either out but honestly, they make the dish.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 650kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 210mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 733mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2560IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 370mg | Iron: 1.4mg