Don't forget to check out the tips and tricks for this recipe at www.loavesanddishes.net
- 1 oz Top Shelf Gin good quality
- 1 oz Top Shelf Vodka plus a splash
- 4 oz lemon lime soda 7-up, Sprite, Seagrams
- 4 slices of cucumber quartered
- 2 large or 3 medium basil leaves - torn into pieces
- sugar for the rim and a tsp extra
- Garnish with cucumber slice
Apply a water ring around the top rim of your drinking glass and turn the glass upside down into a dish of sugar. Twist so that the sugar adheres to the rim. Turn the glass right side up and gently put ice in the glass about ½ -¾ full.
Add Gin, vodka and soda to the glass and stir gently. Muddle the cucumber and basil in a mortar and pestal with 1 tsp of sugar and a splash of vodka (that means crush it a little). Add this to your drink and stir gently.