White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
ONLY 10 MINUTES PREP! This crockpot white chicken chili with cream cheese recipe is perfect for a busy day. Just throw it in and come home to a delicious fully cooked dinner!
Servings: 8 servings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 whole chicken breasts about 30 oz total
- 2 15.5 oz can tomatos and green chilis
- 1 15. 5 oz can black beans drained (ok to substitute other kinds of beans)
- 1 15.5 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese cut into 1 " pieces
- Fresh cilantro optional
- Fresh avocado optional
- sour cream optional
- corn chips optional
Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Lay the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot
Pour in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Remove the chicken breasts from the chili, shred with two forks and replace the shredded meat and any juices back into the crock pot.
Add the cream cheese pieces, stir well, replace the lid and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes until the cream cheese melts.
Stir well, Serve. Top with chopped cilantro, avacado, green onions, sour cream and chips.
Pro Tip: Make sure to add all of the juices from the shredded chicken breasts back to the crockpot, this adds a LOT of flavor!
- If you are concerned about the spice level, substitute the tomatoes and green chilis with diced tomatoes.
- Do you like a thicker chili? Then drain all of the canned goods well first before adding to the crockpot.
- If you prefer to use rotisserie chicken, shred it and add it when you add the cream cheese.
- It is fine to substitute other types of beans for the black beans. Just use the same amount. Drain well!
Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 23mg | Vitamin A: 295IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.3mg