This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
This week I read some super interesting information about smart people who do Big Batch Meal Preparation. Have you heard of that? Once a week, the family cooks meals for the rest of the week. This makes life the rest of the week much simpler with meal planning and prep all done!! So SMART! I mentioned this to my friend Becky and she said that she usually does something similar on Sunday afternoons. I am imagining how much easier my own life might be if I did this – I am thinking, “Yes I CAN!” This week I bring you a crockpot chicken chili recipe from the #YesYouCan series that you can use to make Big Batch Meals . Simply throw it all in the crockpot in the morning and dinner is READY when you walk in the door at night. In addition, I’ll be giving you TWO more great recipes that you can make from this chili later in the week or that you can put together when you make the chili – then you can put them in the fridge for later in the week! Just for fun, I am including TWO kitchen hacks to make your life easier!
As you know, we like to get right to the recipe for you recipe seekers. This week the MAIN recipe is right here for Crockpot Chicken Chili. So simple – put everything in the crockpot in the morning and dinner is nearly served when you arrive home! No wonder they call it #YesYouCan! Simply add the cream cheese and allow to melt, stir, garnish and serve! What could be easier? If you want MORE information and MORE recipes that USE THIS CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE, keep reading!
THE RECIPE FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz each) whole kernel corn
- 1 pkg (1.0 oz each) Ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pkg (30 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese
- Fresh cilantro, optional
- Fresh avocado, optional
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beans, corn, tomatoes, ranch, chili powder and cumin in slow cooker; stir to combine. Add chicken and cover with tomato mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours, until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Pull chicken into shreds with 2 forks. Stir cream cheese into soup until melted and combined. Sprinkle each serving with chopped cilantro and avocado, if desired.
INSTRUCTION PHOTOS FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI
- There aren’t many tips and tricks for this chicken chili – simply add salt and pepper to your taste when ready to serve. I did end up adding some salt and a little shredded cheese and sour cream. Very tasty.
- I will add, if you plan to use this chili in the other recipes that I am including here, you may want to drain the corn and the Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies so that your final recipes will not end up being too loose and soupy. Alternatively, you could drain them before adding the chili to those recipes, it is really up to you.
- I am including a photo below of where to find the ingredients for this recipe at WalMart. I shopped at the WalMart just off of University Parkway in Winston Salem, NC and easily located everything that I need. I found that using Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies and Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans as well as fresh green cilantro from the fresh produce aisle made this a simple and delicious meal.
The idea behind the Big Batch Meal Preparation is taking a simple recipe like this chili and using it for other recipes as well. That is what I have for you today. What follows are two recipes using the above crockpot chicken chili recipe and making two more recipes that can be prepared ahead and saved for later in the week. Either one will save for at least 4 days in the refrigerator. Simply remove from the refrigerator and bake on your arrival home in the evening. I will note, that if you plan to 1) eat the chili on one night and then have enough to 2) prepare Crockpot Chicken Chili Spaghetti Bake and 3) Crockpot Chicken Chili Corn Chip Pie as well, you will need to make at least TWO batches of the Crockpot Chicken Chili to start with. How much you make will depend upon how large your family is and how much they eat at one meal.
THE RECIPE FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI SPAGHETTI BAKE
- 1 lb of cooked spaghetti noodles (per package instructions or use the HACK below!)
- 4 Cup Crockpot chicken chili
- 4 ounces American Cheese Food cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Cups Mexican Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
- Mexican Cojita Cheese and Cilantro as a garnish
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Place the cooked spaghetti in the dish. Scoop the Crockpot Chicken Chili onto the spaghetti. Sprinkle with the cubed American Cheese Food. Use a spoon and gently stir so that all become mixed together. Sprinkle the Mexican Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and use Mexican Cojita cheese sprinkled lightly over the top and cilantro as a garnish.
RECIPE HACK FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI SPAGHETTI BAKE
Have you ever noticed that the thing that takes FOREVER about cooking spaghetti is boiling the 5-6 quarts of water required per the package instructions? Would you like for that process to be easier and faster? I have the answer! Simply use a LARGE frying pan, fill with water add your spaghetti noodles and heat to boiling. Boil for about 10 minutes until the noodles are cooked the way you like – less time for al dente (firmer noodles) and more time for softer noodles.
- 2 Cups Crockpot Chicken Chili
- 1 can crescent rolls or biscuits
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican mix cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- cilantro or avocados for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a pie plate with non stick spray. Press the crescent rolls/or biscuits (use whichever you have or prefer – personally I prefer the crescent rolls – but it is up to you – I have had this both ways and both are yummy) into a pie plate. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Put the corn chips in the bottom of the pie plate. Cover with the crockpot chicken chili. Spread the sour cream over the chili and then the cheese over the sour cream. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Garnish and serve.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI CORN CHIP PIE!
RECIPE HACK FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN CHILI CORN CHIP PIE
Here is the thing, did you ever try to cover a pie plate with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It is possible, but it isn’t fun. Many times, if I do not get the plastic wrap on there just right, I have a gap on one side or the other. Often, the aluminum foil touches what I have cooked and it sticks to the aluminum foil? Did you ever have that problem?
While I was shopping at WalMart for the other things for this recipe, I also perused the hair care aisle – you know we had a wedding this past weekend – Mama needed some hair spray! Anyway, I saw these little plastic shower caps and I thought, “that is the perfect thing to cover a pie plate”! 15 are in one bag for 0.94c! BARGAIN! I picked up a bag and here you have it – a shower cap pie plate cover! These are FREE with your stay at any hotel! I will be bringing them back with me from now on!
Now, if I know my readers, I bet you are wanting to learn more terrific recipes that will make your life so much easier. Have you heard of the #YesYouCan Recipes? I think you should totally check them out by clicking HERE!! Easy and delicious, just add some fresh bread or fresh veggies and you have easy meals that are ready to go!
I would love to hear back if you try any or all of these recipes. Did you see anything you really like over at #YesYouCan? You know if you leave me a message here, I’ll answer! Would you like to see more Big Batch Recipes like this at Loaves and Dishes? Just let me know and I will do what I can to help you!