LESS THAN 1o MINUTES PREP! Simple, Perfect, Tasty and Just Throw It All In and come back to dinner! This EASY White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese is the answer to a fast paced day and a comforting waiting for you dinner!
Nothing’s is better than coming home to dinner that is ready and waiting? Throw on your pj’s, cuddle up on the couch and forget about the day, am I right?
Why This Recipe Works…
- 10 Minutes to throw it together!
- The seasonings are perfect and the cream cheese works wonders!
How It Is Done…
Prepare your slow cooker by using non stick spray. Lay the chicken breasts in the crockpot.
Top the chicken breasts with the other ingredients.
30 minutes before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken breast, shred with two forks, add the chicken back to the crockpot with the cream cheese. Stir well. Turn crockpot to HIGH and wait 30 minutes. Stir and SERVE!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can I use Rotisserie Chicken Instead?
Yes! Of course! Simply shred the rotisserie chicken and add it when you add the cream cheese!
How to make White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese on the Stove Top
- Cook the chicken through
- Shred the chicken
- Add the other ingredients and heat over medium heat until heated through.
How to make White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese in the instapot or pressure cooker
- Put everything in the cooker, bring to full pressure and cook for 18 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release.
- Add the cream cheese, stir well until cream cheese is melted.
What if I don’t like Black Beans?
It is fine to substitute other kinds of beans for this recipe!
- Pinto Beans
- White Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Kidney Beans!
Is this chili spicy?
Only a tiny bit. If you are concerned about the heat, exchange the tomatoes and green chilis for a similar size can of diced tomatoes.
What Do I Serve with This Chili?
This chili is delicious all by itself with some chips and sour cream, but…
want to make it into a full meal, we recommend a delicious Caprese Arugula Salad
And a Banana Pudding for Dessert!
Tips and Tricks for White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- This chili is best served with a bit of fresh herbs on top at the end! Try Cilantro or Green Onion.
- A dollop of sour cream on the top adds just the right tang and creaminess, give that a try too!
- This is perfect over a bed of crunchy chips!
Pro Tip: To make a thicker chili, drain the beans, tomatoes and green chilis and corn very well before adding to the dish. If you like a thinner chili, leave the water in.
If you enjoyed white chicken chili with cream cheese, you might also enjoy…
Ya’ll Be Sweet Now, OK?
Be sweet and leave me a 5 STAR COMMENT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 below, please. It helps others to find the recipes here at Loaves and Dishes.
Join me on social media and sign up for my newsletter so I can send you the HOT COOKING TIP of the WEEK!
White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 whole chicken breasts about 30 oz total
- 2 15.5 oz can tomatos and green chilis
- 1 15. 5 oz can black beans drained (ok to substitute other kinds of beans)
- 1 15.5 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese cut into 1 " pieces
- Fresh cilantro optional
- Fresh avocado optional
- sour cream optional
- corn chips optional
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the chili, shred with two forks and replace the shredded meat and any juices back into the crock pot.
- Add the cream cheese pieces, stir well, replace the lid and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes until the cream cheese melts.
- Stir well, Serve. Top with chopped cilantro, avacado, green onions, sour cream and chips.
- If you are concerned about the spice level, substitute the tomatoes and green chilis with diced tomatoes.
- Do you like a thicker chili? Then drain all of the canned goods well first before adding to the crockpot.
- If you prefer to use rotisserie chicken, shred it and add it when you add the cream cheese.
- It is fine to substitute other types of beans for the black beans. Just use the same amount. Drain well!
***This post first appeared on Loaves and Dishes on February 16, 2016 and has been updated with new information, updates to the recipe, tips and tricks and frequently asked questions. ***
A VERSE TO SHARE
Do you have one of those good friends who keeps you on your toes? Of course, in the most friendly way!
Someone who has your back? I’m thankful for those folks in my life. Aren’t you?
You, like me, should probably make sure to let that good friend know what you think of them.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.