Banana Pecan Bread
Crunchy edges and a fluffy middle! You'll soon be wondering why you didn't make this sooner and you'll never throw a banana away again!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Cups all purpose flour sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter one stick – room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten room temp
- 2 bananas fully ripe, over ripe is better
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup chopped Pecans
Preheat oven to 325. Prepare the loaf pan with baking cooking spray such as Baker's Joy.
whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the bananas and lemon juice till creamy.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the pecans last.
Turn into a 1 ½ lb loaf pan that has been prepared. Bake x 60-75 minutes at 325. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool. Serve warm.
PRO TIP: For a great change up in this recipe, try adding a half cup of blueberries instead of nuts, a handful of chocolate chips added with the nuts or even a sprinkle of cinnamon to the final mix!
- For this recipe, older bananas work best. Older bananas impart more flavor.
- If pecans aren't your thing, its fine to substitute walnuts. Feel free to leave the nuts out altogether.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before turning it out.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2.2mg