Crunchy Crust, Fluffy Cake-like Insides with Tasty Pecans dotted throughout. You are immediately going to wonder why you don’t make this more often!
WHIP this up in ONLY 10 MINUTES, bake and then your kitchen will smell just like heaven!
Why This Recipe Works
- Great way to use up bananas!
- The sweet taste of pecans rather than bitter walnuts!
- Amazing taste that will carry you home, no matter where you are!
- This is a Banana Bread Without Baking Soda!
This Is How You Do It…
Prepare your pan with baking spray and then combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
With a mixer, cream together the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 60-75 minutes.
Chow down on this award winning banana bread!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can I Freeze This Banana Bread with Pecans?
Yes! You certainly CAN freeze this Banana Pecan Bread Recipe!
Wrap the whole loaf in wax paper, place in a freezer quality plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Can I make Banana Bread Muffins With This Recipe?
Yes! Definitely! Simply line your muffin pan with liners and pour the batter 2/3 of the way up the liner.
Bake for 30-45 minutes.
What Makes This Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe So Moist?
The bananas themselves go a long way in this regards PLUS An Easy Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe like this one are a simple moist bread anyway.
Can I Make This Banana Pecan Bread Recipe in a Toaster Oven?
You absolutely can! Set the temp the same as an oven temp and pop it in there. You’ll soon have the Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe Ever!
What is Good on this Banana Bread Recipe?
This Banana Bread Recipe is GREAT with…
- Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Any flavor of Jam
- And a bunch more that I can’t think of right now.
See the PRO TIP in the Recipe Card!
What Can I Serve with this Banana Pecan Bread?
We love this delicious banana nut bread with pecans for breakfast with…
Homemade Strawberry Jam
and a Sausage Egg Casserole!
If You Enjoyed This Banana Bread Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy….
Would You Love to Cook the PERFECT Southern Dinner?
IMAGINE YOU, COOKING THESE! YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
Served with (choose one)
Chicken Pie or
Add A little Yum Yum Sauce
And finish it all off with…
Ya’ll be Sweet Now, Ya’ Hear?
Please scoot on down to the bottom of this page and leave a 5 STAR COMMENT! 🌟🌟 🌟 🌟🌟 I love to hear from you and I do my best to answer back right away!
Sign up for the weekly newsletter and don’t forget to follow along on social media!
Banana Pecan Bread
- 2 Cups all purpose flour sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter one stick – room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten room temp
- 2 bananas fully ripe, over ripe is better
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare the loaf pan with baking cooking spray such as Baker's Joy.
- whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the bananas and lemon juice till creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the pecans last.
- Turn into a 1 ½ lb loaf pan that has been prepared. Bake x 60-75 minutes at 325. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool. Serve warm.
- For this recipe, older bananas work best. Older bananas impart more flavor.
- If pecans aren't your thing, its fine to substitute walnuts. Feel free to leave the nuts out altogether.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before turning it out.
This Recipe for Banana Pecan Bread adapted from…
Banana Nut Bread by Brenda Netzley page 9 of the “Pinch O This and Dash O That” Pleasant Hill, Ohio United Church of Christ cookbook 1975.
***This post originally appeared on the pages of Loaves and Dishes March 24, 2015 and has been updated with “how to” photos, a video, why this recipe works, FAQ’s, Tips and Tricks, Pro Tips, Nutrition information, the instructions in the recipe were updated and related recipes added.***
A VERSE TO SHARE
There’s nothing I can add to this one..
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.